Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Misc. Quadcopter & Multirotor discussions' started by IceFyre13th, Mar 20, 2013.

1. HuGott

HuGott Guest

Hello everyone Im Hugo hope to have some fun here and learn some stuff, I originally came here because I need some help with a project Im having. hope to have new friends

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

'lo Hugo and Welcome.

3. Hannibal1979

Hannibal1979 New Member

Hey, been building drones for over 2 years. Took a break this year to focus on some other stuff and holy crap did a lot change this year. Prices got way better boards just tripled in performance. Just a a ton of great stuff. Sad part is now I feel like I forgot most of what I knew cause it all changed so fast. Anyway, just looking for a place to get a lot of small answers. Youtube is so crowded it's hard to fi d what you're looking for anymore.

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Welcome. Not a lot of builders here though.

5. George S.

George S. New Member

Good Day Everyone & Merry Christmas... I'm new to UAV/Drone/Quads.. Total NooB. I have alot of experience with electrical / electronics. Very mechanical. I'm starting a couple of Quad builds with my 2 boys hoping I can get them working together & have fun. I want to pass on some of my knowledge to them & want them to find some passion in tech. Im sure I will have some dumb NooB questions. So bear with me. I appreciate & Thank Everyone in advance for any help...

6. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. Vergecraft

Vergecraft New Member

Hi, newbie here from Japan. I found your forum an interesting one.. I fly the Inspire 1, Typhoon H and Phantom 3 S. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you.

8. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Welcome.

9. Steve Jones

Steve Jones New Member

HI, I'm Steve, 64 years old, and just got a drone for a Christmas present. It's an UpAirDrone 1.2
    I'm reading everything I can find about this sport.
    I've been soldering radios and other electronics since 7th grade, and still learing.
    MY day job is working at an automotive company watching and developing Lithium Batteries for cars and trucks. so I'll have plnety to say later on batteries.

10. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Well good luck Steve, you got yourself a decent quad.

There's a lot of good info here.
    https://www.droneflyers.com/

Welcome to the forum.

11. T.C.

T.C. Member

Welcome

12. Waveraider

Waveraider New Member

Just joined today. My daughter bought me a Gool T32 for Christmas, and about broke it on the first few flights. I bought a Syma X20 mini to learn with, and it was so easy, I bought a Syma X21w, so i could have the FPV camera like the Gool. These little things are built like tanks!

That being said, I've been bitten by the bug, and am taking a hard look at the Bugs 2 (no pun intended). Looks like a nice drone, and very user friendly. Looking forward to viewing the site and earning.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  13. Sbiriguda

Sbiriguda New Member

Hello, greetings from Milan, Italy
    Thank you for accepting me in your forum
    I already saw many interesting discussions, I am sure there is a lot to learn here

14. Drone361

Drone361 New Member

Hi, I am called Anwar Mohammed, a 21 years old college student with a great passion for drones. I have been flying a drone for almost two years. I am here to learn new things about drones. To be honest, I still consider my self a noob.
    Kind regards, Anwar.

15. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

Hi I am 62 and work desktop support for the largest contractor to the USA. I remember when there were no computers or digital electronics . In High school no calculators just slide rulers. Computers didn't start "happening" till my 20's. My niece and nephew gave me an inexpensive drone for Christmas. I have been playing with it all summer except when it landed in a tree in my neighbors yard with power lines running beneath. It was up there for three months till it finally blew down. It still works...the battery looked a little sketchy so I tossed it and got a new one and the drone is slightly faded. I have slightly digressed . so I really like drones.

16. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Howdy. One of the best things about the inexpensive drones is that they hone your eye/hand coordination. :)

17. RENOV8R

RENOV8R New Member

Hi everyone, Tim from St Thomas Ontario, a few kilometres south of London. I'm more into building than flying, although I do love cruising around taking video with my little Spark. I find 5" race quads a little terrifying actually but just finished an Aether 6" for medium/long range, we'll see how that goes. Here's a quick pic, turned out quite well Henna Aether 006.JPG

18. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Welcome.

19. SurfandTurfTravel

SurfandTurfTravel New Member

Hey Guys, new to the forum...obviously. I've been a photographer for over 15 years and just started to get into film and arial photography\videography.

Facts:
    My girlfriend thinks I love my drone more than her....not sure that's true.
    Been on the road as a digital nomad for 397 days straight
    Favorite country to video and photograph - Philippines....Iceland close second
    Drones crashed 2
    Drones Recovered 1
    Drones currently being repaired 1

Cheers,
    Happy to be here.

20. Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson New Member

Hello all. my name is Ryan, and I am looking for some help. I have several drones, but my favorite is my storm racing drone, it is the very first version, size 250. It was an RTF model, FPV. My problem is I just pulled it out of storage, and I have no batteries. I need to order some new ones, but I do not know what type. I have come across several that look familiar but I don't want to spend the money on the wrong type. I have visited websites like helipal, but they no longer show my version. I am looking for the voltage, mh, and I am pretty sure it took a 30c or 35c. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!