Blog Article Continuation(s) Hubsan X4

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by webman, Mar 10, 2013.

1. HX4

HX4 New Member

Supposedly the brushless motors are more durable? Any brushless 7-8mm replacement motors available? If so, how much more durable. Willing to pay double for a motor that lasts twice as long. Less maintenance, less garbage created.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

3. HX4

HX4 New Member

Thanks for the link. At this moment in time the One S will be the next quad. Xtreme for a FPV/video platform if it lives up to the pre-release positive feelings will become #3 in the quad hanger.

Took couple hours over the past few days to develop reasonable basic quad flying skill with the Husban X4. Limited to flying indoors in the great room(16ft ceiling ht). Have yet to try expert mode or flip the X4. Little flier is a blast zipping around the room. Using the kitchen peninsula counter as an aircraft carrier landing deck for vertical and sliding take off and landings. Bit too cold and windy(+10knot with gusts) up here until right now. Snowing today. Ground is rock hard frozen. New snow should cushion any hard landings. Once outside will try out the expert mode and try some flipping moves.

An accessory I strongly recommend in addition to extra batteries and multi charger for newb quad pilots flying indoors is the prop guard. The extra 3gm and $5-10 has saved a few props and eliminated crashes. Flying naked bumping into almost anything resulted in crashes. Hard enough to bend or break all the original propellers. Happy that Husban provides a back up set as part of the RTF kit. The guard has allowed bouncing off obstacles & minimized risk for closer "precision" flying.

I think I'm hooked flying quads:)

webman likes this.
  4. Foolmeonce

Foolmeonce New Member

Hello Droneflyers,

I am joining your ranks via my Christmas gift, a Hubsan Quads X4 H107D.

This is my first "Don't throw it away because it doesn't act right" craft. As a child I had to resort to swinging around a gas powered plane tethered by a fish line with a handle. My older cousins were never able to keep the motor going long enough to have it fly on it's own.

The Hubsan Quads X4 H107D worked great right out of the box. I read Craig Issod's beginners book and felt that although it may not have been ideally the best quad to start with, having FPV, because I need to watch the craft as I am learning to fly.

My display on the TX will only show the status of the quad and transmitter. I can't figure out if I cancelled video transmission somehow or if there is some defect. I could not find a resolution in the instructions. It seems like the booklet is older than the TX. I would like anyone who has experienced this with the Hubsan Quads X4 H107D transmitter to lie me know how they solved it, please.

Happy flying!

5. Foolmeonce

Foolmeonce New Member

Hello Droneflyers,

I am joining your ranks via my Christmas gift, a Hubsan Quads X4 H107D.

This is my first "Don't throw it away because it doesn't act right" craft. As a child I had to resort to swinging around a gas powered plane tethered by a fish line with a handle. My older cousins were never able to keep the motor going long enough to have it fly on it's own.

The Hubsan Quads X4 H107D worked great right out of the box. I read Craig Issod's beginners book and felt that although it may not have been ideally the best quad to start with, having FPV, because I need to watch the craft as I am learning to fly.

My display on the TX will only show the status of the quad and transmitter. I can't figure out if I cancelled video transmission somehow or if there is some defect. I could not find a resolution in the instructions. It seems like the booklet is older than the TX. I would like anyone who has experienced this with the Hubsan Quads X4 H107D transmitter to lie me know how they solved it, please.

Happy flying!

6. EurohawkGER

EurohawkGER New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and I've just bought my first quad - it's an Hubsan Quads X4 :) Despite the fact I've been reading the E-Book since 2 weeks and thereby got more and more interest in the Hubsan Quads, I noticed yesterday that there were just a couple of different models of the X4.
    So I did some research and found these models:
    Hubsan Quads X4 - the original (?)
    Hubsan Quads X4 H107 - the newer one of the X4
    Hubsan Quads X4 H107L - the L stands for LED ?
    Hubsan Quads X4 H107C - the C stands for Camera ?
    Hubsan Quads X4 H107D or FPV - first one with an FPV-Cam

Could you please confirm this list or did I overlook another type of the X4?
    So checking my order right now I would say I bought the original X4 because it was a special sale offer for only 25 € (35 $), but I've read that there are some difficulties or shortcomings with it. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks !

7. Biggles

Biggles New Member

check out this lexus spoof advert made with the Hubsan Quads x4 very funny

8. HX4

HX4 New Member

Craig, your book is turning out to be the most (indirectly) expensive ever purchased. The Husban X4 H107L is a nice 1st quad. Emphasis on 1st.... Your link in the previous post regarding brushless motors converted me into a RC Logger fan. Picked up the RC Logger OneS late last November to check out their product & customer service. Both are excellent. Was thinking Xtreme for a FPV/photo platform. Decided needed a larger platform to deal with the payload and longer flight time. Just placed an order for the Eye 450(new lower msrp price), Futaba 8JH TX and RC Logger OneLink to allow flying the OneS with the S-FHSS Futaba TX.

Maybe too many hours reading up on LiPo, chargers, Tx...Learning to solder. A necessary basic skill if you are into quads. Things break or wear down, so many incompatibilities means diy adapters or mods for batteries and chargers. Future acquisitions will be modules for FPV with OSD and the camera. Rapidly depleting the discretionary funds.

Strongly recommend the Husban for a 1st quad. If you find out you enjoy flying quads this is a good beginner model (buy the prop guard + extra batteries & props) that is still a blast once you develop basic skills.

webman likes this.
  9. webman

I just got my first updated X4 - with the softer feet, better props, better body, etc. and I like it! You are correct that, with the prop guards and some spare parts, it's not a good first quad for many!

I have already banged it in ways that would have destroyed my earlier X4's, and nothing happened to it....

10. aj522308

aj522308 New Member

Do any of you know how long the warranty is?

11. Gamortie

Gamortie New Member

New user - just got a Hubsan Quads X4 H107C for my birthday.

2 questions:
    1 - How do I get the controller to set to Mode 1, if I accidentally set it to Mode 2?
    2 - I got it to to connect to the drone initially, but accidentally overdid the throttle, and it flipped - I think I may have had the rotors on the incorrect hubs. Now, I fire it up, the controller appears to bind, but the LEDs go from alternate flashing to combined flashing, and nothing happens. How do I get it to bind and control?

Cheers, people

12. webman