MJX X600 hexacopter or Tarantula X6?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Paul Archer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Paul Archer

Paul Archer New Member

Hello. I just wanted an honest oppinion from those of you that know about these 2 drones. Which one do you think is the best and what would be their pros and cons?
    I am inclined to choose the MJX x600 because it looks badass and its easy to mount an FPV system on it(something that I am really interested in).
    On the other hand I really wanted a really big drone and the tarantula seems like a cheap yet good option.
    What I don't like about it is the low quality of the materials used. It looks cheap compared to the x600 and yet it flies excelent.

so, what do you think?

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

They both seem nice - for what they are....BUT,
    Any of these brushless and geared multirotors will require a lot of work to keep them flying. You will love them when you get them but then the motors start burning out and the gears strip and you have to spend a lot of time replacing them.

This can happen as often as after 10-12 flights - depending on whether or not you are lifting up a camera.

I have purchased a lot of these toy quadcopters and they all require a lot of spare parts. So as long as you buy a lot of motors, gears, etc. you will probably be fine.
    However, a lot of pilots decide to step up to brushless models once they learn the basics.