Yuneec 4K questions

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Judgegixxer, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Judgegixxer

Judgegixxer New Member

ive had one for a couple months. Probably have 3 hours of video already.
    Q1. Is it intrinsicly safe?
    Q2. Can I replace the motors? I think the bearings are about to pack it in on 2/4 motors.
    Q3. In angle mode it always gives one white flash followed by solid purple for 3 seconds. This sequence is not on the code chart. What does it mean?
    Q4. Why is it so much easier to land with gps turned off?
    Q5. What's the difference between follow me and watch me modes? I can't tell any difference.
    Thanks

2. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Member

motors are $30 from Carolina dronz.
    I fly in angle mode without any landing issues with a 4k and a G. Was recommended instead of safe mode and never looked back as the platform is very easy to fly.

3. Judgegixxer

Judgegixxer New Member

Thanks, I think you are confusing Safe/Angle mode with GPS on or off. I never fly in safe mode always angle mode. You can only fly with the gps deactivated from flight computer in angle mode. It's easy to land with both gps on or off, just easier with it off which i find odd. With gps turned off the aircraft flies up around 60km/h instead of 30km/h with gps on. Thats why I don't use the GPS all the time. If i can get those motors for $30 then they are crap like i suspected, i assume there are other better motors that will fit/work. I' ll have to see what I can find. I've put way more time on various brushless and brushed motors in my RC cars / trucks / planes without the bearings calving like this.

4. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Member

With the product coming from China one never knows if they dipped into the seconds bin when QC was on a break to get their quota of craft out the door. I had a engineer friend that went to China and says that is common.
    I have been trying to get a flying version of a Hubsan Quads 501S and am waiting for number three as the first had several issues and the second had two motors wired wrong so they were reversed. If it were not for a good stateside retailer(B&H) the product would be forgotten, probably still will be

5. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Member

Is it possible the craft when in GPS mode its trying-thinking of not crashing into the ground? Phantom 3 Advanced and Pro have sonic sensors.
    Though your ? over to the Yuneec forums