Xiro Explorer V Data logger DIY

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by XiroFlyer, Jan 19, 2017.

1. XiroFlyer

XiroFlyer New Member

Hello Everyone. I am new to this Forum. Have been flying the Xiro Explorer V for a few months. I must say for the price I am very happy with the results. I used a GoPro that was under used and I cant be happier.

But I am also DIY person and wanted to have the drone carry something.
    Just cause I was looking for something else to do with the Xiro Drone? Well I built a Arduino based data logger that is designed in a container that is compatible with Xiro Explorer V drones.

Comes with a small SD card or you can add you own.. but 256mb (yes megabytes) is enough to log data for about 25 mins, or more...so you don't need much.

You turn the unit on, fly the Xiro up down etc, even low over the ground (be Careful for Obstacles) to gather low altitude ground Temp data. Or test your Xiro altitude and see what you record.

Is it geek.....Sure...But who cares its fun...

35 bucks covers my cost to print the units and assemble them.

What could you do with the Data.... Well That is up to you.. Maybe you have need to record Humidity -temp/altitude over a broad area and want to use a Drone to do it. Well Here you go.

Here is a link to my ebay page

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Data-logger-for-Xiro-Drones-/152402826927?hash=item237bea96af:g:Gz4AAOSwjDZYgNN0

Easy enough to build one of these yourself... But if you want quick start... this can do it.. Open it up you can easily get to the arduino and change it..