X5C-1 Wiring modificaiton question

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by VmtSquad, Feb 13, 2015.

1. VmtSquad

VmtSquad New Member

Hi guys,

I just got my X5C-1 Upgraded Version and it is very nice!!! I would like to do some small modification on the board and wanted to ask some electric know it all on my idea.

PROBLEM: When trying to turn the quad on itself I unintentionally modify the throttle speed which makes the quad go up or down. Not cool!

GOAL: Add two(2) new buttons that would send the turn signal(on itself) instead of using the joystick.

Here's some picture to explain what I want.

The Back of the board:
    IMG_0144.JPG
    Circled in red are the pins of the LEFT joystick
    UP- Throttle UP
    DOWN - Throthle Down
    RIGHT - Turn on itself to the right
    LEFT - Turn on itself to the left

Front of the board:
    IMG_0146.JPG
    Left joystick.

I've been searshing on the internet to find how those joystick are wired but I got empty handed. I know joystick usually works with one signal and one GND but I just don't want to join to pins together and fry my board ;)

Here's a little close up of the Joystick control...when you push the stick left and right there's this little box the turns...probably connecting the circuit at the same time....but which wire??? That it the question...

IMG_0145.JPG

If I can find the wiring, maybe I could add 2 more buttons and separate the movements from the joystick and get better control of my 50$ quad ;)

Thanks guys!

Hope somebody can help!

VMT