WLtoys V959 V212 V222

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Bernie, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Bernie

Bernie New Member

Hi, Can someone please tell me if it is safe to connect 2 batteries together in parallel to give a longer flying time for my quad without causing any circuit problems or overloads.

Thank you.

2. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Bernie the V959 takes a larger motor than a Syma X1, but a guy at RCGroups.com flying a Syma X1 wired two 600mAh LiPo's together in parallel and got 20+ minutes of flight time. The stock (X1) 350mAh battery gives ~6+ minutes, the 600mAh gives~11 minute. This result surprised a lot of the members of that (X1) thread. His motors were really hot by the end of the flight. I bet those motors will be short lived flying like that nonstop without a cooling off period. There is a trade off between battery capacity and battery (payload) weight and motor demand. I forget my basic electronics, but with parallel circuits I know the volts stay the same, but the amps increase which may harm the electronics. I do not know what size stock battery your V959 takes or type connector. You could look for larger capacity batteries with the correct connector and/or remove quadcopter weight to help increase flight times. I remove the standard battery cage on all my X1's and use velcro tape to attach the batteries to the quad (and use those 600mAh batteries generally). Hope this helps. Jay

3. john flyboy

john flyboy New Member

Can someone tell me how to stop my V 929 from spinning so I can learn to fly? The craft did a slow spin making it impossible to control forward or back, etc.

I tried "trimming" but now only 2 of the rotors spin.

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Are you 100% sure your propellers are on correctly? Check it against diagrams on the web for X quadcopters (which are cw and which are ccw).

Of course, make sure you insert the battery and place on a very flat surface.
    Make sure the gears and props spin freely by hand.

It should do fairly well with all the trims centered. If not, the problem could be in the RX - that is, it could be a bad setup (contacts, etc.) on the pot (stick) that controls the yaw axis.

Are you using a stock TX? Was the whole setup new and no big crashes?

5. mytymedave

mytymedave New Member

Can someone tell me how much voltage is required to run the 959 camera? I bought a spare camera and attempting to use it on other RC planes... I connected it with a on/off switch so I can turn video on or off during flight... The switch is connected to a spare port on the receiver so I can flip a switch (landing gear) on the transmitter to accomplish this... Everything works fine on the ground but when it is in the air it does not function... Also tried using a separate BEC but that did not work either... Any suggestions?