V666N Help!!

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Dave A drone, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Dave A drone

Dave A drone New Member

Hi everyone, I just got my first quad copter, I have a few helis so I know about flying. I got a wltoys v666n (upgraded version of v666) and am having problems understanding the instructions!! Like binding, calibrating, using the set height barometer, a key to landing, does anyone know how to do this? I've looked on YouTube but its all in chinese

2. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I saw your post and joined this forum (my 1st) to offer some help.
    1st to bind, once the battery is connected, place the quad flat and run the throttle stick all the way up, then all the way down. You will here a beep and its bound.
    2nd to start the motors, push both sticks to the lower inside corners (lower outside corners works too). Hold until the motors start, then immediately let them go. This is important. The 1st time I started mine I didn't let go fast enough, and it started to fly away. Luckily I was inside.
    3rd altitude is easy. Raise the throttle and the quad lifts. Let go and it stops at that altitude. To lower it bring the throttle down.
    4th to stop the motors, hold the throttle stick down until the motors stop. You can bring both sticks to the lower inside corners again if you like. I think the motors stop quicker this way.
    Keep in mind, this thing does not like wind. The prop guards act like sails and catch wind like you would not believe.
    Good luck. Need anything else I'm watching.
    Paul

webman likes this.
  3. Dave A drone

Dave A drone New Member

thank you very much Paul, I was going crazy having this quad and not being able to fly it!! I will give it a try and let you know how I did.

4. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Your welcome. Glad to help.
    I mentioned the wind, but forgot to mention the dual rates button. You may know this. But if you don't.....
    If you're having trouble fighting the wind the left shoulder button (left of the handle) selects multiple rates of thrust pitch. 20% up to 100%. On the screen the selected value flashes. 20% is the default whenever the radio is turned on. Each click advances to the next value.
    Hope you can use this info too.

5. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Sorry 40% wherever I said 20%.
    PS
    I had to do some Chinese interpretation too. I get it.