V666N help - will not sync to quad.

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Apollo, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Preface: This is my first quadcopter. Probably unwise to go with a cheaper model, but better than spending $$$$ and have it immediately crash. I got this not to use for a hobby but to use the camera to help possibly sell a house and the surrounding property.
    Anyhow, I've had this problem twice now - I had RMA'd a previous V666N. I cannot get this copter to sync with the remote. I follow the instructions as closely as I can, have even watched some youtube videos - could only really find one where the guy actually pulled it out and showed it being turned on. The remote will beep when I attempt to sync up but the obvious first test to make sure - turning the lights off - does not respond and of course the rotors won't start at all. The one I RMA'd had a busted antenna and I'm wondering if that might be the case here as well, though the antennas look to be in good condition. Am I doing something wrong? Does the copter need to be in a specific mode in order to activate correctly, and if so, how do I change modes as the remote is currently sitting in Mode 2?

If I need replacement parts I found a website from which I can very nearly build one of these from scratch so that is an option if necessary.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I checked under the dome to watch the receiver light, which should stop blinking when sync is successful. It continues blinking, no sync at all. I may need a new board if no other ideas come up here.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Maybe some help. Turn the captions.

3. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Nothing. Followed the video and no response. Got the beep from the remote but the receiver light under the center, above the camera continues to blink so it did not bind. Guess I'll be replacing parts until I find the issue. Not RMAing again - takes too long and I should be able to fix this without a return. So first up, circuit board $16.29 incl shipping.

4. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Update: Swapped out the circuitboard today, took about an hour, and the quad responded immediately. Today and tomorrow will be sunny and cool, perfect weather for some test flights. Sucks that it didn't work out of the box but I'm glad the fix was easy and cheap.

webman likes this.
  5. Apollo

Apollo New Member

...and 1 motor quit working. No RMA on this piece. It now rests dismantled into its component parts. I strongly suggest, if anyone wants a good starter quadcopter, seek a different model. This is not it. I will save money for one more solid and less prone to errors.