V262 Camera problem

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by rob nooren, May 5, 2014.

1. rob nooren

rob nooren New Member

I have the v272 and I just bought the v262-33 camera which mounts below the battery.

I can get the camera to take stills however I cannot get it to take any video. any advice would be appreciated. Bottom right function for picture and I think top left function to turn on video.

Thank you

Rob
    ren@wrenconsult.com

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

The only thing I can suggest is to try to make it take video on the ground by jumping the proper wires and connectors - this will at least let you know where the problem may lie:
    https://www.droneflyers.com/talk/threads/review-wl-toys-v959-quadcopter-with-camera.45/#post-175

As you see, you can manually jump the yellow to ground and it should take video. I think the red light on the came will flash on and off constantly instead of just taking the one still.

Mostly likely it's a bad solder joint there on the rx board or something in the connector.

3. Rook33

Rook33 New Member

Hey Rob,

If this is the camera I am thinking of, I might know how to operate it. Its a small black rectangular camera with movable lens that mounts under battery. When you turn the quad on and camera is plugged in you should see a green light in a little hole on the camera. Hit the function button and then the top left function button and it should change to red which means it is recording. You can either do this prior to take off or you can do it mid flight which I have yet to try, I have always started it before take off. There is an SD card that comes out sort of easy you might put a little tape over it to ensure it does fall out during flight or a crash. And if the SD card is not in all of the way the camera will not work. Hope this helps.