Using GoPro with Blade Chroma?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Darel, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Darel

Darel New Member

So I'm looking at a Blade Chroma with the DX4 controller and gimbal mount for a Gopro, since I already have a Hero 4 Black. Despite the fact that the machine is built and sold specifically for GoPro use, I am reading where you cannot have WiFi on when you use the camera with the drone.

So, how are you supposed to see what you are recording? It has a motorized gimbal, but you have no way of seeing what you need to point the camera at?

The DX4 controller even comes with a cellphone mount on it, but you can't use it anyway?

I'm not any kind of an expert with either the GoPro and certainly even less with drones (this will be my first, which is why I like the Chroma, seems very beginner-friendly) so maybe I'm missing something here. Do you just launch the drone, fly it around with the camera recording and hope it catches something good?

Thanks,
    Darel

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Well that's a very limited radio with only 4 channels.

Many people do just that, with very pleasing results. That said you should be able to use this.
    https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-app-|-mobile/GoPro-App.html

I've posted this before, on these vids this chap is 'flying it around with the camera recording,' referred to as line of sight. He's also using a $70 camera. Either way some good tips to make your vids more memorable.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016