Update! Xiaomi MI Drone released at 2,499 yuan

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by rcgeek4, May 25, 2016.

1. rcgeek4

rcgeek4 New Member

Xiaomi RC Drone has been released, but Xiaomi Drone 1080p version will sell at 2,499 yuan, 4K Version at 2,999 yuan.This
    drone sells most competitive than other drones with the same specs. So what do you think of Xiaomi mi drone? Do it let you down or not?

Source: igeekphone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Member

Would like to see first hand ,the price is close to the Phantom Standard. Range? How does one record video?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Here's some prices for the rest of us.
    http://www.Banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Drone-WIFI-FPV-With-4K-30fps-1080P-Camera-3-Axis-Gimbal-RC-Quadcopter-p-1057057.html

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I agree - Xiaomi hasn't even officially released their cameras and smart phones in the USA yet - so even when this machine comes out there is unlikely to be any US support and service.

I always let others be the pioneers - but i don't see anything new it is bringing to the game...yet. After they set up major US offices and service centers and parts...then we can look closer at it.

5. Prairie Pyro

Prairie Pyro Member

With etailers having sales on DJI products on a regular basis it very hard to take a chance on this product. The new entry Autel X star has an issue with its compass so there is a number being returned for repair. Ebay has a dealer offering the P3S for $400 delivered today. The Inspire 1 V2 has been dropped to $1999 without any further discounts

6. webman

Autel has a tough row to hoe.
    I didn't follow it closely but others have stated that their drone was slated to come out a full year+ ago - and then they went back to the drawing board.
    So they came out with basically a copy of the Phantom 2/3 - but a year late and without the years of software refinement.

If I was sitting on the board of their company I would have scrapped it and either innovated (come up with something different or new) or not come at all.
    That's a tough pill to swallow but one thing I have learned in life and biz is that when you can see the definite writing on the wall...the sooner you give up (or pivot), the less broke you will be.

7. rcgeek4

rcgeek4 New Member

8. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Never thought there was anything 'sleek' about the Phantoms, quite the opposite actually.
    That is the main point. Dealing with Gearbest or Banggood if any problems arise will be a nightmare.

9. webman

Yeah, I've had good experiences with BG and recently even with GB, but I don't think I would buy anything over $300 from them...when I buy the cheapos I figure I am on my own. At the $500 level and up I at least want a US Address to send it back to!

I am not one of those people who are crazy about taking advantage of service - in fact, I've never sent any drone back for repairs or replacement. Still - if I am going to recommend a product to new pilots and one company has US support and another not....well, I'll go with the support.

I believe the shape of the Phantom is one of the best in terms of wind tunnel testing - that is, it must withstand wind from any and all angles. It also can take a hit from various angles. So I think it can be described as a functional unibody.