UDI842HD FALCON

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Eagle, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Eagle

Eagle New Member

Just got my first drone for Christmas. After first flight (and a crash) I now notice that if I give the drone some throttle and then immediately reduce throttle to zero, three props slowly come to rest. The fourth prop stops quickly as if it is binding on something. Does anyone know a. is this behavior normal? (I never noticed if this is how the four props were behaving when I got it out of the box).
    and b. has anyone seen this behavior where one prop does not rotate freely.

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

To be successful with multirotors you need a little mechanical know how. Check to see why it seems to be binding. Bent shafts, dirt, chewed gears, things happen.

3. csr0831

csr0831 New Member

I have the same machine. All the motors do not necessarily come to a stop at the same time. Check to see that the prop shaft is not bent, no dirt stuck in the gear teeth, even a large amount of hair (dog/pet/whatever) around the motor shaft can produce enough friction to slow it down. I lubed my gears with just a tiny bit of synthetic oil...seems to run a little quieter. Does it still fly ok?

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Best to use one of the many Dry lubes that are available so as not to attract dirt/dust etc.