Trying to build an F330 quadcopter

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by briler, Jan 29, 2017.

1. briler

briler New Member

So, this is the first time I am trying to build a quadcopter. I chose the f330 frame because of it's size (not so small / not so big). Recently I bought and received 4x 2200kv motors + 4x hw30a esc + 2x pairs 6030 props from ebay. Since this is my first attempt to build a quadcopter I went as cheap as I could. As a result the quality of motors is bad (one of them it feels loose when you spin it with the hand and indeed it spins slower than the other when tested). Now about the ESCs, 1 of them got smoked (literally) and the others... well they do whatever they want. They arm correctly but after that sometimes they just restart themselves and they don't spin the motors based on my signals (here I should clarify that I use an arduino to control the motors - until I receive the cc3d flight controller). One more thing I may do wrong is that (again because I still didn't receive my 3s lipo battery) I use a 12v dc adapter to power the esc (could this mess up or even burn the esc?). Short story long I will replace motors and esc with new ones. Now I am wondering should I again buy 2200kv motors + 6030 props, 920kv + 8045 props (which btw I can later use on S500 frame with 1045 props) or any other combination? Please any advice appreciated !!