Syma X5C-1 Power Problem

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Flying Banana, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Flying Banana

Flying Banana New Member

I am new to the drone scene so I am seeking advice. We have been testing our drone for about 10 flights now. All was good until... no power, no lift.
    Not sure but assume this is the problem. I read a lot about getting more power (different battery) for more flight time. I tried the 'drone groups approved' battery - Turnigy Nano-Tech 1S 3.7V 750 mAh 35C Li-Po battery.
    I believe I was successful in reversing the polarity as I had no apparent issues when I tried them. They worked well (tried 2 of them) and flew them a few times each without issue.
    However, upon our 3rd flight, we got power for about 30 secs on all 3 batteries (the 2 Turnigy and the 1 Syma standard battery) and only minimal lift before they all powered down the drone. Upon recharging the Syma battery, nothing happens at all now. No lights, completely dead.
    The batteries were never excessively hot or exposed to excessive heat.
    I do not have a battery tester yet or other components to check on the status of the drone. Before I head out this weekend to buy the necessary parts I thought I would ask here to see if any of you experts could point me in the right direction.
    Any thoughts on what I should do next would be appreciated.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I think you may have burnt something out on the flight control of the quad - how this happened is another story.
    A cheap voltmeter can confirm whether the batteries are working right - they should be about 4.2 volts if fully charged.

3. Ton van den Berg

Ton van den Berg New Member

Try to charge the batteries for one evening, if they stil won't work its possible the batteries are dead and you just had bad luck. Does the Syma drone still fly with its original battery?

Good luck,

Ton van den Berg
    eigendrone.nl