Storm Racing Drone RTF Type B from Helipal.com

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by mistajingles, Apr 11, 2015.

1. mistajingles

mistajingles New Member

I'm new to quads. I bought a Syma X5C about a week ago and so far I love it. It's very cheap feeling and it gets bullied by the wind but I like it for my first quad. I've been looking into getting a good quality drone for a while but haven't been able to afford it and now that I can I am nervous about buying from a website from China that I cannot find too much about. So my questions are: 1) Has anyone dealt with Helipal.com before and can I trust that if I send them over $400 I won't get ripped off? 2) Has anyone flown this specific drone?

I'm going to be using it mostly for entertainment but I also want to capture some scenery. I don't have a GoPro but I know people that would definitely let me use theirs for the footage. I know this is primarily an FPV drone and seems to have pretty good signal range with stock electronics but i won't be able to afford to complete the FPV system so when I get it I will probably look at taking off the FPV system for now to lighten the quad up.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lee

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I don't fly fast FPV drones, but Helipal is for real and I am sure they will deliver your model - that is, they are a real business and have been selling drones for years.

Drones are very specific to a certain use - that is, these are more for racing and having fun zipping around. Another model to consider is Armattan - very well regarded.
    http://www.armattanquads.com/