Sky viper V950Str camera problem

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by LIOLIKAS, Jan 16, 2017.

1. LIOLIKAS

LIOLIKAS New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for my bad english (this is not my main language)

I bought this Sky Viper V950STR (FPV) drone with WI-FI 2,4GHZ, and I'm kinda happy with this purchase. This was my second drone. But the only problem was that it was winter and I really really wanted to fly it outside... (there's a lot of snow outside). I know I'm stupid but.. :D So I flew this drone, was making a few clips, but I accidently crashed it into the snow. Nothing happened to drone, it was smooth, but I think snow did some damage to drone. Yeah, so I thought it was OK and nothing happened , and I continued flying.. But i noticed that WI-FI i can't connect to my camera Wi-Fi anymore.. Then I paniced a bit and wiped it with towels, dried with hair dryer and let it recover. Then i recharged it and it worked again!! I was so happy :D After like 30 mins i went outside again and wanted to record something. Everything was OK, Wi-Fi was OK, but now something went wrong with my camera (or not) or maybe signal. On my phone screen it showed only green screen, and nothing. I tried it on different phones, but it didn't work.. I dont undersand, it worked like ~30 mins ago, it was placed on my table and it didnt work anymore. Help please I wan't to fix my drone1 :(

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Many electrical devices will recover from being wet as long as they are not powered up while damp. If allowed to dry completely they will usually be fine. I fear you were a bit hasty, I would have put it in a warm place for a few days at least.