Quadcopter Comparison

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Chelsea1, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Chelsea1

Chelsea1 New Member

Hi All,

I have flown a couple of basic quadcopters over the last couple of years. But would like to try out a GPS Quad. Limited budget so i was looking at these two:

Quanum Nova GPS QuadCopter
    and
    Walkera QR X350 PRO Plug and Fly Quadcopter

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? And/or some Pro's and Con's?

Would like to get peoples opinions before i spend the money.

Kind Regards

2. mschofie

mschofie New Member

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Chelsea - it all depends on exactly what you want to do with your new quadcopter - also, the total budget matters.

If you have a very small budget - AND, you are fine with fooling around with the software and hardware - some of the deals on the Nova and similar units (cheerson, etc.) are hard to beat. You can buy a GPS quadcopter for less than $200 in some cases.

However, as we have detailed in other threads, if your end desire is to take stable video and have FPV, etc. then you will end up spending more or getting less than if you purchased a RTF quadcopter with a gimbal.

So I think the deciding factor is whether or not you want a gimbal and stable FPV feed. If you just want a GPS craft to fool around with - and are willing to learn about modifications, updates, repairs, etc. then the Nova would be a fine machine.

Personally I like a Phantom 1 or a Blade 350 for my "stripped" machines - either can be had slightly used or sometimes new for $275-$350. The reason I prefer these is that there seems to be more information about them online and also because they are more reliable out of the box. Resale values are also good.

I see you did specify limited budget - so that being the case, I would say the Nova (if you are ready to put in the time to scan around the online forums, etc. for answers), the Blade 350QX (#2 or #3) or a Phantom 1. You can sometimes find used machines in the various classified sections on RCgroups and other forums.