Propel cloudmaster

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Bustinbustinbustin, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Bustinbustinbustin

Bustinbustinbustin New Member

Hey guys Matt from Knoxville here. Bought a cloudmaster by propel just to see what I could do. I used to build rc planes and trucks; laid up with a nasty brown recluse bite from work and was ultra bored.

Anyway, surely this thing is a hunk, but does anyone know where to get extra batteries from?

2. Bustinbustinbustin

Also, can a park flyer fast charger be used for Lipo batteries?

3. Bustinbustinbustin

Crickets huh?

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Batteries can be charged with any decent R/C battery charger as long as you don't charge them too quickly - I think there are a number of guides describing how quickly most LiPos can be charged.
    Example:
    https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=114780

As far as additional batteries there are usually a few ways you can dig those up....
    1. Google the model - it may be that it is private labeled - if so, you can usually find the original model it is based on and then look for batteries for that.
    2. Measure the battery, look at the rating numbers on it - and the plug type - and then go shopping for your battery.

Sources include HobbyKing, Banggood and Amazon....among others.
    Sometimes you can do some small modifications to make a slightly different battery fit into the same holder. The main thing is to have the same voltage (number of cells) and connector.

5. Bustinbustinbustin

Cool. Thanks, man. I already got rid of it and got another because the manufacturer doesn't have an Android app for the video feed. Stupid. Got another cheap drone to fool with until I start my remote sensing class in 2 weeks. Hopefully then I'll get to fool with some bigger ones.

6. StratoFly

StratoFly New Member

Just a quick note: Be careful running "back-to-back" flights with fresh batteries on these cheap drones. They don't use brushless motors are are prone to overheating. Very easy to burn one out, esp. on a hot day.

7. Bustinbustinbustin

I returned it anyway it was a pos. Got a skyviper 1750 to tide me over until I can get a real one