Phantom 4 Professional - new upgraded Phantom 4 released

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by webman, Nov 15, 2016.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

DJI has announced an upgraded model of the Phantom 4 - called the Phantom 4 Pro.
    http://wp.me/p25InU-1Bar
    is our article about this machine
    This thread can serve as an ongoing discussion or for questions (I'm currently flying and reviewing one!).

2. webman

Just for the very basics - the P4P has a LOT of advanced features - both in the camera and in the hardware and software.

That said, most consumers would be more than happy with the regular P4 or P3's due to the greater simplicity (fixed focus). Options....mean that education is needed to know how to properly use them. If you are a prosumer or pro photog and use your camera in all the various modes (S, A, M, etc.), then the P4P something to look at.
    On the other hand, if you like to keep aerial pics and video as simple as possible and use auto or a basic manual setting, the fixed focus give you less chance of messing things up.

3. Elude413

Elude413 New Member

I can't wait to get my p4p with the dedicated 5.5 inch screen. I ordered on the 15th.

4. GVGeorge

GVGeorge New Member

I'm looking forward to the flight review.

Any best guesses on when the Pro+ I ordered from B&H might ship. Mine is mid_January but that's just an ignorant SWAG.

UPDATE: B&H is estimating 10 December and they are usually accurate.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  5. webman

People are staring to received the plain ones (without monitor)....but I think those with the monitor will be a little later. My guess is that a lot of them will ship before Christmas.