Phantom 3 Standard vs XK DETECT X380?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Dale Hes, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Dale Hes

Dale Hes New Member

Hi Guys. I've played around with toy quadcopters and am ready to upgrade to a hobby grade photography drone now. The Phantom 3 Standard and XK Detect X380 are just within my price range and are the two I am trying to decide between at the moment. The Phantom's price has dropped a lot and is only a few dollars more expensive than the X380-C now. I'm also tossing up between the basic X380 and add a gimbal and camera, or the full on X380-C. Would love some opinions on which quad you would choose and why?

2. T.C.

T.C. Member

I have heard the X380 is pretty sweet. However The Phantom 3 standard is very reliable. I would personally stick with DJI.

3. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Kinda. Just keep in mind that for the price of one Phantom battery you can get three X380 batterries. That said the Phantom seems like a better choice.

4. Shane myers

Shane myers New Member

I love my phantom 3 standard I have never had any problems with it and you can get an extra batter for cheap now. I have never had an opportunity to fly the x380 but I can promise you will be satisfied with the phantom. What do you plan to use the drone for?

5. Dale Hes

Dale Hes New Member

Thanks for the response Shane. I have actually now purchased a P3S and am delighted with it. So many amazing features and the stability, ease of use and camera quality are amazing! Couldn't be happier (apart from the range. I'm only getting out to just over 250 metres, there seems to be a general problem with range in South Africa). But I certainly don't regret the choice. What kind of distance do you get? I'm thinking of buying a range extender of some type, don't know whether you have tried a windsurfer?