Phantom 3 Pro or Autel X-Star Premium

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by dls0680, Nov 24, 2016.

1. dls0680

dls0680 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the site and I could use some advice if you can help. I currently have a Phantom 2 Vision+. I purchased it used a few months ago and at the time I did not know anything about drones in this price range. I did not know about how a gimbal worked or cost to replace one or how esc's could fail or how to check for signs of cracks or drone having water damage. When I purchase it used it looked like it worked perfect to me but after a few flights I noticed problems with it like loosing video, lights not working properly, gimbal jerky and bad video and some other things once I took the top off of it like rust on some of the screws inside. Basically I got ripped off.

Anyway now I am looking to purchase a newer model drone and I am not sure what to get? I can't afford a Phantom 4 but the P3 advanced and pros have come down in price quite a bit. I could get a refurbished one for a very reasonable price. I then noticed a Youtube video for the Autel X-Star Premium and that one looks great also?

I would like to fly it indoors sometimes, something with a good distance range, good video cam with minimal lag? I would love to hear your suggestions

Thank you

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Opps - didn't see that this went unanswered....
    If you want to hover more precisely you should stay with the DJI birds - it's known than their VPS systems works better than Autels and they will tend to hold position better indoors and out.
    If you didn't buy yet you may want to wait for a deal like the one that just ended - $849. for a Phantom 4 on Amazon. At that price it's not worth getting the P3P. Chech out http://www.dronesavings.com to see the deals come up (subscribe to the email list or twitter feed).