Phantom 3 Pro damage assessment and help

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by David Svanholm, Jun 24, 2017.

1. David Svanholm

David Svanholm New Member

Hey!
    I crashed my Phantom 3 the other day :( I bought it a month ago from a guy who had owned it for 1.5 years.
    I have three questions that I need help with.

1. Why the hell did my drone crash?
    I was doing my first flight for the day. I was 384 m away and about 75 m up. I didnt feel any wind. I calibrated the compass a week earlier 300 km away in Sweden. Everything was looking fine, for 2 minutes, until I got an compass error message and gps-error message. A few seconds later, the drone went straight down.

2. How can I diagnose my drone?
    The camera is severed from the drone but doesnt look broken. I did the imu-configuration without error.
    The drone sends data to my controller/ipad and the rotors spinns nicely when I tell it to lift off. I dont have spare blades atm. The main body seems okay besides a broken leg. Nothing happens when I am trying to browse the drones images from my ipad.

3. Should I try to repair and how should I do it?
    The arm that attached the camera is broken, as you can see, and so is the transfer cabel. Is it possible to reattach the camera or do I need to buy a new one? Am I stupid to even consider spending money on my drone after a fall like that?

All thoughts and advice are very welcome. Please tell me if you want more info.

Attached Files:

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Think I would have calibrated again.