Phantom 3 pro controller issue - low battery

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by flyby, Nov 25, 2015.

1. flyby

flyby New Member

Hi All,

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and use a new ipad mini 4 with the controller (only app downloaded on it is DJIGO).

Twice I have had the warning 'RC battery low' display after about 10mins of flight time (controller, device and drone battery were fully charged before flight).

Does anyone have any ideas why I would be getting a low battery warning? The controller beeps and goes into auto land mode.

When I get home I turn it on again to check the battery and the controller battery in the app is reading 99%.

Help!

2. Bill Shafer

Bill Shafer New Member

I am new, but since I don't see other answers here. The dji go app on your ipad should show battery power. A fully charged drone battery only lasts about 15-20 minutes, although my experience is that the controller will last much longer. You are also able to determine the point at which the 'auto land mode' kicks in. Mine is set to 30%, which I believe was default. Other things also affect battery life, such as wind, and flying style. So when you say "about 10mins of flight time", that could be normal. I have 2 batteries, but would love to have 4...just too much money.

3. flyby

flyby New Member

Thanks for your reply Bill. The issue was in relation to the controller, not the flight battery, but I appear to have had a solution. An update had come through for the copter and gimbal, but I hadn't received an update for the controller so assumed it was up to date. Anyway, I decided to try it again the next day and after about 5mins of flight an update for controller popped up. Once this went through I haven't had any further problems! I would also love 4 batteries, but yes, too much money.