Phantom 3 Pro as first drone

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by ElvisNixon, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ElvisNixon

ElvisNixon New Member

I need to extensively use a 4k drone for a documentary I am shooting. I have never flown a drone or RC plane. Do I need to get a small practice drone first and spend time (I am short of) to practice? If so what would be a good practice drone considering I want to be able to pilot the Phantom 3 as soon as possible.

Thanks for all comments and advice.

2. Anna Blake

Anna Blake New Member

You can try with Phantom 2. It's pretty easy to fly and maneuver. Once you understand the dynamics of flying a drone your task should not be a concern. You can find Phantom 2 here on Cannykart.

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

There is a simulator in the Phantom 3 which should allow you a lot of practice.
    A very careful and conservative "by the book" person with common sense could start with the P3 itself - do a lot of reading, understand all the settings and options, put on prop guards, take it to a big field with nice soft grass and keep it in beginners mode (tight geofence) and learn.

The problem is that the thing is so easy to use that your confidence tends to built TOO quickly. So you have to have the respect for it as an aircraft and as a fragile and complex piece of equipment as you think "wow, this is easy".