Phantom 3 Adv+Std price to be decreased

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Fleesion, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Fleesion

Fleesion New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  2. ChaseJax

ChaseJax New Member

Is this legit? Or spam/scam?

3. ChaseJax

ChaseJax New Member

Well... I can confirm the price drop on dji's just picked up a phantom 3 adv for 799 at my local shop.

Thx for the heads up whoever posted this!

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Yes, prices have been reduced - even the new Phantom 3 4K is already down from 999 to 799.
    Some of the prices may be promotional (sale), but most are probably lowered for good.
    http://click.dji.com/1yk3KUe9IdYztIrn

5. Cmartin

Cmartin New Member

I'm sure dji is feeling the effects of the new regulations, and are forced to lower prices to move product..Also another big change is that dji is implementing the geo fence which users are now forced to unlock zones to be able to fly at all.

6. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

DJI has economy of scale - it is costing them less and less each day to produce the next 1oo,ooo units of essentially the same quadcopter.

Having just returned from CES I can assure you that DJI is not hurting for cash or sales.
    What I think they are doing - and, of course we all have our opinions, is trying to squash all the new upstarts before they get a foothold. And - I think it is largely successful. These other companies are going to have a high cost of R&D and production for their first 10's of thousands of birds.

The good news is that we - the customers - are able to buy more for less.

BTW, I track sales very closely (in numerous ways) - and what happened was that the Christmas sales slowed down a bit after the FAA confusion - but they picked back up big time after New Years. As far as Geo-fence, etc. 90% of their new customer don't know what it even means. Only the "old hats" are talking about that at this point.
    Remember, you have to unlock your Apple phone (itunes, icloud) and your google accounts and Facebook and many other things...and that has not stopped us all from adopting these technologies.

Not to say it won't matter - just that it's inside baseball at this point.

7. Cmartin

Cmartin New Member

You may in fact be right, when this geo fence does get into full swing , it needs to be well advertised so customers don't get blindsided by it as it is a big change in functionality.