Phantom 2 vs Phantom 2 Vision (minus gimbal & camera)

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Henry Armour, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Henry Armour

Henry Armour New Member

Need someone to verify this, let me explain. There are often Phantom 2 Visions for sale on eBay where a crash has broken the gimbal and camera. So if you remove these broken items (for argument sake, let's assume the camera and gimbal are toast) would this unit be exactly the same as a Phantom 2?
    Basically is there other wiring or connectors are something else that the P2 Vision has that a regular P2 does not have?

Eventually I would add a gimbal and gopro but not right away so if these two are now identical I'll just shop for the best deal but if there is an advantage to buying the damaged P2 Vision (for adding camera or FPV later then I'll lean in that direction.
    Thanks
    Ken

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Well - yes, they would be the same as the OLD Phantom 2 - not the newer one with the new TX, motors, esc's, props and higher payload.
    Of course, if you buy from eBay it's possible more than just the cam and gimbal could be bad....

With new P2's selling for 589 (old version) on Amazon, I wonder if the savings are worth your while?