P3 Pro won't arm motors.

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Alaska Hermit, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Alaska Hermit

Alaska Hermit New Member

I am new to drones but have experience in planes. I have purchased a new Phantom 3 pro quad and can not get the motors to arm. I did a firmware update and installed v. 1.4.0010 on the aircraft and v. 1.3.20 on the R/C. I have the props off and when I power on the R/C the first LED on RC is red. When I power on the aircraft, there is camera movement and flashing lights. After everything boots up the LED that was red on the RC is now steady green and as I am inside the led's on the aircraft are flashing a double green light. I am guessing I should be able to arm the motors to start turning when I pull both sticks down and in.....down and ou........... PLEASE HELP. I don't want my new hobby to be so frustrating. Thank you for any help

2. Alaska Hermit

Alaska Hermit New Member

Got it !!! I called tech support in Las Vegas. Contrary to the posts that have downgraded the speed of DJI's support, This guy answered the phone within seconds and I had my answer less than a minute later. I had ordered an Ipad from Walmart that never showed up on time. They had cancelled the order without telling me until 4 days later. I have a different one ordered from Amazon. Here is the probable solution.......the tech asked me if I had registered my phantom yet. I said no because my Ipad didn't show up. Apparently they can't be armed until they are registered. Live and learn. Thanks to everyone that looked at my post.

jbundy63 and webman like this.