New motor on Syma X5c-1 after just about 10-15 battery cycles?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Exjumper, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Exjumper

Exjumper New Member

Hi all.
    Just got the 2015 new version of Syma X5c-1.
    I have invested in extra batteries, crash kit, red props and guards to aide in orientation, an upgraded Sd card for camera, and NOW one prop is not spinning. It is not jammed, gears and prop spin without resistance.
    SHOULD I need a new motor after just 10-15 batteries flown in this new Quad?
    I know they are available easy enough. Are they hard to change out?
    ANY suggestions would really be appreciated!
    I really like flying it, and hope to be able to do so!!!
    Exjumper

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Did you crash it?

3. SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT New Member

That's always going to be an issue with brushed motors. They will need replacement over time as brushes wear out - sometimes extra stress on the motor (like from crashes, prop interference or binding gears) will cause extra wear. Also excessive voltage going to a motor (e.g., JJRC H8C) will also cause increased wear and shortened life.

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Yes, what Speedracer said - if you are going to fly brushed quads you have to change motors (and gears) quite often. It's just part of the drill.
    IMHO, these models are largely for learning - as opposed to putting a lot of hours on. There are some newer models which claim to allow super-easy motor replacement - I will check some of them out soon and review.