Need a fast drone

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by never2high, Jul 4, 2015.

1. never2high

never2high New Member

Looking for something to follow me around my property on my ATV - at decently higher speeds. What options do I have? Currently looking at the Solo and Phantom 3, but not sure if they are going to meet my speed needs.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Is the property totally open? Follow me (software based) is likely to result in dramatic endings if it's not a totally open area.
    P3 does not (yet) have follow me. Solo is not reliable yet and has no gimbal.

Others with follow me are slow.

There are a new batch of quads which are supposed to come out soon which are made for action sports - but you can't even believe in them until you see them. These include Airdog, hexo+ and even GoPros announced models.

Personally, I'd wait if that is your main use...you might be able to use a P3 if someone else does the piloting. Or, if you have big bucks the Inspire is very fast.

3. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

Follow me is not intended for fast flight, think about it........your doing 45 mph with a UAV following you, you stop real fast.........but the UAV didn't......IT's A Flying Lawn Mower