Looking for DIY Drone

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by kazolito, Dec 10, 2015.

1. kazolito

kazolito New Member

Good morning to all,
    I'm looking for a DIY Drone to start my adventure in this amazing world.
    Yesterday I was searching on the Internet and I see a new "business" called BonaDrone (www.bonadrone.com), someone hears even about that?
    I think that it's a new company, dedicated to the world of DIY Drone, it seems to be a nice option to start with the world of quadcopters.

I like to hear your opinion before I buy my first drone.

Thanks for all,
    Robert

2. kazolito

kazolito New Member

Good Morning!,
    Can someone help me? I have thought about buying the kit drone or next week.

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

If it were me I would not get started with such a new company.

There are a couple aspects to this hobby and you need to decide which you want to enter first.

There is piloting - which is best learned by using RTF toy-grade quadcopters.
    Then there is the DIY and Building you are speaking about. IMHO, the best way to learn this would still be to buy a toy or two and then start repairing (the motors and gears fail) them - and then, after a bit of experience, do a total DIY build if that's the direction you want to go in.

Even with DIY builds you have to consider the "end game"- that is, do you want to use the "build" mostly to learn and pilot...or to race and FPV...or to take still pics or video? Those are all different machines.

Note - you will not save money by building - but you will get some education.

A couple suggestions on where to get full kits - if you really want to put something together yourself try hobbyking.
    If you want a little guidance - try some of the stuff from USA-based MassiveRC.
    https://www.massiverc.com/

4. kazolito

kazolito New Member

Thanks for your reply guy,
    Today I email to BonaDrone and yes, it is a very new company but it´s formed by guys passioned by technology, so I think that they can guide me very well in my new adventure.
    I pilot some toys (my child has one) and I'm a pilot expert hahah, now I want one serious drone that it can be upgraded in the future and that´s what I saw in BonaDrone, maybe not now but these guys says to me that their products will be upgraded periodically. So, I like a lot this new concept.
    On the other hand, I want a drone as Phantom or 3D Iris but a drone that if is it crashed (through an accident) can be repared easily without expending too much money, and I think that this can be accomplished through 3D printing and the spare parts of these company.

I will investigate more the market but I think that the Mosquito will be a nice option.

What´s your opinion?

Thanks for your time guy,

Regards

5. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

What's my opinion?
    It's probably that you work for this company and are trying to introduce the model.....and, if so, there are better ways to do it.
    And, if not, then you should follow the advice we give with EVERY new model - that is, wait a few months until after release and see what actual consumers think of any machine before buying.

There are always people who want to be pioneers in a new brand - and want to be part of improving and troubleshooting a new product. But that's different than an RTF consumer model (which is our focus here).

Thanks!

RGJameson likes this.
  6. kazolito

kazolito New Member

Hi webman, well I´m only trying to recollect some opinions about people...
    I think that I will follow your recommendation and I will wait for a few months. These days I've been reading more and am in a mess.

On the other hand, did you test inspire?, it have more difference between phantom?

Thanks, and sorry for my questions.

Regards.

7. Xcompact

Xcompact Guest

Hi kazolito,
    I want to bring one more option to your mess)
    Just an hour ago my project was launched http://igg.me/at/xcompact
    It is kind a Lego for drones. But not from plastic)) Only aluminum and carbon fiber.

8. Alle

Alle New Member

Hi there, I was searching the web to find about making a drone but it is far too difficult for me, although there are really good videos on youtube. Good luck :)