LiDiRC L15W WiFi/NO WiFi question

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by nopeda, Jul 15, 2017.

1. nopeda

nopeda New Member

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a LiDiRC L15W. I like the Syma X5C but have trouble controlling it after it turns a bit and I lose the orientation, so because of that have lost several of them in a lake. In a video at
    it says the L15W is an X5C copy but it has a headless option and also a return home function, which are two things I'd very much like to have. So at first it seems awesome but then starting around 9:30 in the vid he talks about video recording and leads me to believe it can only record to your phone, and you can only start the recording with your phone. He also suggests there's a version you can get that accepts a chip in the camera and you can activate it by a switch on the controller. That is what I want to get, but haven't been able to find a place that offers the option to choose which type, and all the ones I've seen say WiFi and FPV. Can anyone suggest how to get one that uses the chip, or know if it's even possible? In the vid he says there are 6 different versions I believe, but I can't find them.

Thank you for any help!
    David
    GA, USA

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017