Just bought a Yizhan Tarantula X6 without a camera, any tips?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by james_uk, Dec 30, 2015.

1. james_uk

james_uk New Member

Hi, I have just bought myself the drone in the subject title; i am completely new to this, although they seem pretty cool.

I have done a bit of research into them, and for the price range i wanted to pay to start with, i thought this fitted the bill, i also had no need for it to have a camera and i also read that this can add extra fly time as well as its a bit less weight (not sure how much extra time you would get) but i assume it’s not that much, but any extra is good lol.

Before anyone says i know it’s not the best you can get but i would appreciate any tips or advice anyone has got?

I have bought 2 replacement batteries which should be useful.

I have also watched a YouTube vid which shows a guy changing the bearings from brushes to roller bearings which he says should increase the life of the motors, not sure if anyone thinks this seems worth it or if it would cause problems i can’t foresee?

The link to that vid is:

I can’t think of anything else i need to ask right now, but any tips would be great, i don’t have the drone yet as this one can only be imported it seems from china, so i still have a week or 2 to go i think.

Thanks

James

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Ball bearings are always superior to bushings.

Never flown before? If so the X6 is not a good choice, it's very large and powerful. You'll need a big area to fly in. Hopefully you bought spare motors and props as you will be crashing.

Here it is next to a standard mini, the Syma X5 on the left.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Hi guys,
    sorry for BUMPing old thread but I'd like to know what's OP experience with Tarantula x6? I'm thinking about buying it because I saw it's 1st on list of top 10 drones under $100. Let's say I have some flying experience.. so it's not my first drone. It definitely looks huge on image uploaded above haha! ;)

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Seems folks are having issues with the latest batches usually very short flight times.