Inspire 1 Pro vs. Inspire 2 (X4s)

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Jake P, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Inspire 1 Pro or Inspire 2 (w/X4s)?

1. Inspire 1 Pro (X5 Camera)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Inspire 2 (X4s camera)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jake P

Jake P New Member

Hello all,
    I have a question for some fellow drone pilots. Looking to upgrade my drone. I'm working with a P3 Advanced. Really happy with how that drone has performed but I'm looking for a more professional system. I'm stuck between the DJI Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera and the Inspire 2 with the X4s. There's a lot of pros to the Inspire 2 but I'm worried about the camera. It's basically the same as the P4 Pro. I'm not sure if the 1" sensor is going to give me what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the X5s is out of my price range. I'm using the drones for real estate, construction, property development, and hopefully news broadcasting.

Any suggestions?

I'll attach my pros and cons list below.

Thank you in advanced!

-Jake

IMG_3579.JPG

2. Mad_Angler1

Mad_Angler1 New Member

The X4S will provide better video than the X5 hands down, the issue with the X5 is the SOC and codec, the Anbarella A9 was never designed for dealing with data from sensors that large, The H.264 codec and 60mbps limit means while you have all this extra data from the sensor there is no where to put it, especially in 4K.

H.264 was never designed for 4K either, it's GOP structure with I,P &B frames and the way it compresses the image with fixed 16x16 macroblocks, it was designed for a 1080P world, it's just not designed to deal with 4K well and you get all of the moir and codec issues everyone complains about.

Roll in the X4S and the P4P, both of these may have a smaller 1" sensor but the SOC have been moved to the H1, this now brings 60% more data rate with 100mbps, add to that you have HVEC (H.265) the next generation codec that was specifically designed for dealing with 4K, HVEC has dynamic CTU (macroblocks) that can change from 4x4 to 64x64, vastly improved intra frame prediction and key frames.

Overall in Video the X4S and P4P are a leap forward compared to the X5, in stills its a different argument are the limitations we have in video are not there but tbh the 20mp 1" Sony Exmor R sensor comes very close to the 16mp M43 anyway so unless you NEED interchangeable lenses you want to be looking at the P4P or I2 X4S.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    RGJameson likes this.