Hubsan h501s problem--craft won't fly--help?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by DroneDoc48, Jul 17, 2016.

1. DroneDoc48

DroneDoc48 New Member

Recently I purchased a new Hubsan Quads h501s drone. But I can't get it to fly! I sent it back for a replacement, but the replacement drone is having the same problem. I did all the proper calibrations, and all the batteries were fully charged. The motors started and the propellers spun at a low "idle" rate but when I engaged the throttle nothing happened. I was in Altitude Hold mode outside and had 10 satellites locked. I tried this multiple times with the same result--no lift off. A few times I also had trouble getting the motors to shut off. When I switched to "Manual" mode the craft did start to take off but seemed to spin around erratically so I shut it down. So far I'm underwhelmed with this drone. Am I missing something here? I'm just about ready to return the drone and maybe look for another brand. Frustrated!

2. Ronald Spruell

Ronald Spruell New Member

3. Ronald Spruell

Ronald Spruell New Member

Make sure all you're switches are pulled down except the GPS switch flip it up if you have more than 6 satellites. This puts in in GPS mode which you should use. Also go into the menu and take it out if expert mode if you haven't flown a quad before. This sounds like you have mived the trim cintrols do the procedure following. Make sure all switches are oulled down that is the off position. Make sure when you have you're quadcopter and transmitter on powered up that all trim controls are centered on you're remote transceiver. Look at you're transceiver also called a remote. Look at the bar graphs on the left there are two. Look on the right there are also two bar graphs. There are thumb controls that change the position in the bar graphs. Make sure that all of the bar graphs are in the center. Move one of them you will see it either go up or down. Put it in the center. Make sure all of them are centered. Then gently pull the left sticks to bottom left the right sticks to bottom right. You're quad should start or arm. Props start turning. There isn't any switches in the controller to let the quad arm its all done by software. There fore the reason the trim has to be in the center for it to start.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017