Hubsan h501s gps issue

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Deixmos, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Deixmos

Deixmos New Member

I have had my h501 s for awhile now. I have modded the antennae on both the transmitter and the drone itself to get better range and fpv quality. A couple of months back I had a pretty horrible crash, the reason is unknown. I pushed the distance to about 575 m, and the altitude was about 175 m. I could not see my drone and was having a little trouble orienting by fpv alone, so I used the home switch on my rx. It returned to the home for the most part it was within 5 m above the ground at the home point, when for no apparent reason it flipped and hit the ground hard enough to break the shell. I just completed a shell swap and the drone is slow on the calibration, but it seems to be working. It connects to enough satellites for gps mode, but as soon as I engage the motors the gps on my screen goes red, and the drone wont hold position. I am at as loss for what to try next, and the Hubsan Quads website is useless. Can anyone help with this issue? I saw a thread with a similar issue, but the issue seemed to work itself out and there is not really a solution there.