Hubsan 501s remote problem?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by zroboy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. zroboy

zroboy New Member

Last week I dropped the remote for my 501s. About 4 feet onto a concrete floor. Today I went through the start up procedure for the drone and everything worked until I tried to arm the motors. Nothing! I can still turn the video camera on and the fpv works. Also, I think the sticks feel funny. They don’t pop right back to the middle when released. I think they used to do so. Any ideas about what I should do? I see so many people talking about their 501s’s flying away I would think there would be remotes for sale. If I buy a different one will it couple with my drone? Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. StratoFly

StratoFly New Member

Yeah you busted it. :-( Linking another remote to your quad should be no problem -- just follow the procedure.

3. zroboy

zroboy New Member

That's what I concluded so I took it apart to see if I could figure out anything. REALLY busted now. Outside of ebay where would I look for one? There have been so many fly-away stories that there should be some out there!

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

5. zroboy

zroboy New Member

Yes, that is it. I think I can get it cheaper new and hoped for one from a droneless owner!