Hi! Hubsan H107L X4 battery questions??

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by HX4, Nov 11, 2013.

1. HX4

HX4 New Member

Hello from the SouthShore of Lake Superior. Winter in the Northwoods has arrived. Ground has frozen rock hard with just a dusting of snowfall. Thinking it's time to develop some flying skills indoors during our long winter season.

Total new to anything R/C. After downloading and reading Craig's book the thought became more of a need to get into flying quadcopters. Today the price at Amazon.com of the Hubsan Quads H107L X4 dropped to $39.00 + free shipping. Moments ago hit the buy button. Checking out spare batteries there are some Lipo that are rated 3.7v, 380mA. Stock are 3.7v, 240mA. Questions are: 1. Will the higher amp battery decrease the life span of the motors; 2. How much longer flight time if any will the 380's provide; 3. Or will the 380's just provide more top end power/rotor speed?

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!
    You have to be 100% certain that the batteries will fit inside the X4 - it's very small in there!

The higher batteries should last a bit longer, but I don't see it being an issue with a small copter - as long as you have multiple batteries. It's not like you are going to fly it far away from yourself and need the time to get it back......I flew my X4 too far once and it's in the bay in Rhode Island.

As long as the voltage is the same, the higher amps should not make a diff, IMHO, at the motors. With the older X4, I think I got 15 - 30+ flights out the motors before they got too weak to have fun with. However, if you crash a lot you can destroy one pretty quickly - make sure to have spares handy!