Help with Hubsan X4

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by wayneout, Dec 11, 2014.

1. wayneout

wayneout New Member

Hello, I hope someone can help a baby boomer trying to fly a Hubsan Quads X4. I have mainly two questions. Upon reading the manual, it talks about mode 2 and mode 1. (controls are different for each mode) Does mode 1 and 2 refer to expert and normal? and which is which? I was reading the manual as if mode 1 was normal and mode
    2 was expert. If I am wrong, then that might help with question two.
    2. I turn on the transmitter and hold down the right control stick. Then, the transmitter turns green. Everything seems great. Then, slowly pushing the right stick up which is suppose to lift the X4, I expect it to go up. But that is not what happens. (I am not touching the left stick) The X4 goes up about three feet and very quickly
    zooms to the right until it crashes into the wall. (I am trying my first flights indoors) This all happens in a matter of two seconds or less. I am expecting a slow rise and I get a quick rise and it flying to the right. That is what I don't understand. If I am just pushing the right stick slowly upward, why is the X4 flying off to the right
    at such great speed. It is a H107C. I was hoping to be able to fly it some so I could show my grandson how it is done. Thanks for any help.

2. awsometurtle20

awsometurtle20 New Member

modes are different conrols for each stick so mode two has throttle on the left and mode one has throttle on the rigth. to change to expert mode if your in mode two click the rigth stick down when you hear a beep you are in expert mode

3. RichE

RichE New Member

I know this is a very old post, but I had this problem over and over and over.

DO switch to mode 2, which just switches the throttle to the left (which makes more sense to me since it's a low to high and stays there).

Also, set the sensitivity to Normal and the numbers down from 50 to 20.

I cannot find it now, but I think there is/was a shortcut to switch to expert mode and I think that's what we were toggling when it took off and flew right, seemingly by itself.

Since I switched to mode 2, I've not had that problem.