Help with Hubsan X4 H107D FPV?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Zothecula, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Zothecula

Zothecula New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I have a question about the drifting problem I'm having with my new Hubsan Quads X4 107D. I know from Googling that people have suggested holding down the left joystick while wiggling the right one to calibrate the GPS on other models of the X4, but that doesn't appear to have any effect when I do it on this one (i.e: the LEDs on the copter don't blink in response to my doing it). And I do make sure that it's on a level surface when it binds with the transmitter. I do have SOME previous quadcopter experience, as I also own a DJI Phantom 2 Vision, which seems a lot easier to fly! Anyhow, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!

It's not the GPS which it calibrates- the Hubsan Quads has none. I believe it sets the basic of the gyroscope.

I've had at least 4 X4's and they all do it no problem. Try this....

1. Hold the left stick down AND TO THE FAR RIGHT.
    2. Wiggle the right stick left and right - really quickly, like flicking it!

The eyes should blink.
    If it doesn't work for you the first time, try going into expert mode and giving it a shot. That's done by pushing the right stick in vertically (push down toward the ground if the tx was sitting on a table).

A manual model like the X4 will be harder to fly than a GPS bird like the Phantom, which was made to be stable. But in one sense you will learn more about flying. I still find it hard to perfectly control the X4 and drifting, to some degree, is just a fact of life.

3. Zothecula

Zothecula New Member

Thanks very much and yes, I meant to say gyro and not GPS. I'll try doing what you described!

4. Graz

Graz New Member

Definitely a drifter, I just ordered my 2nd 107c from Banggood. The first one is history.