Help with ESC configuration on Heli's F600 by Hobby People

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Scott Stemen, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Scott Stemen

Scott Stemen New Member

Can somebody help and old fixed wing RC guy move into the Multi-Rotor (MR) world?

Over a year ago for Xmas my wife bought me a Drone. I wanted an ARF instead of an all in one because I am a builder. My AMA number is from the 70's, I have a lot of experience with RC but none with MR. I am amazed and thrilled by the technology of how Multi-Rotors fly. So she got me the Hobby People HELI's F600, and I built it. Then life happened and I had to put it away for over a year. Now I have time to pursue my passion of flying all things and really want to get this in the air. Turns out it's a pretty low volume product I can't find much information on the web about it.

What is it?
    • Heli's F600 ~ stock no swapped out items.
    • The fly board says ~ HP Electronics Super M/R Controller
    • The radio is a Futaba CAP9 with a Spektrum (tm) module added and an AR7000 DSM2 receiver
    • Also have but don't yet know how to use ~ Hobby Wing Multi Function LCD Programming box
    ** ( Still having trouble understanding the Kanji to English translated instructions. )

What's the problem
    I have the motors all turning (props removed) but at initial start several motors are spinning while others are not turning. When I apply throttle they will all start to spin up, but at different speeds. Which I know will make it not fly.

ASK? ~
    How do I synchronize all motors to respond identically to the throttle input? It's as if they are all listening to the beat of their own drummer, (Pun Intended)

I have attached pic of the Flyboard and my receiver, you can email me directly at Scott (AT) SkyK9 (.) Com or just reply to this post. I will be in your debt.

Thanks ~ Scott (aka SkyK9)

Attached Files:

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Try this to calibrate your ESCs. The flight controller is quite rudimentary BTW, with no options for various flight modes (self leveling, full manual and a hybrid of the 2), that are usually triggered on a fifth channel with a 3 way switch.