Hints and Tips Discussion Help with a ARRIS FPV 250 mini racing Sport Carbon Fiber Quadcopter

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by frogyspond, Oct 20, 2016.

1. frogyspond

frogyspond New Member

Hello,

I am a highschool teacher that has acquired the following quadcopter for an after school program, ARRIS FPV 250 mini racing Sport Carbon Fiber Quadcopter with two different transmitters one DEVO 7 and a DEVO 10. I have been attempting to get the quadcopter and the transmitter to communicate with each other and have had no success. I have watched several videos on the setting up the transmitter and have done what they have done on the settings, and have looked for a diagram of the wiring to see if that could be the problem both with no success.

If anyone is willing and able to help me out please do, I have tried calling some call center and emailing some places with no luck on a response. What ever follow up information you need on the quadcopter please let me know and I will send you what I know on the quadcopter. Thank you for any help to get it off the ground.

Thank you so kindly,

Scott

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Need more info. What receiver are you using and what flight controller is installed. Post a link to exact model you have.

3. frogyspond

frogyspond New Member

Thank you for attempting to help me. The Receiver is a devention Devo AX702.4ghz the flight controller is open pilot i can not see a model number but it has a yellow clear cover. I have a strange option that the person that had this before me or one of the students moved a wire or two and one is in the wrong spot. [​IMG] [​IMG] here is what the current wires are set up as if the images do not show please let me know.

Scott

Attached Files:

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

The flight controller is a CC3D. OpenPilot is software that runs it.

[​IMG]

Those wires do look wrong. The colors on the wiring harness can vary, but the lead with3 wires should be plugged into Throttle. You say OpenPilot, you have that installed on your computer I assume. When you plug in a USB cable is the software connecting?

5. frogyspond

frogyspond New Member

This is one major part that I have been missing, so I need to install open pilot on the computer and hook the drone up to the computer. Would this computer program help with the wiring? Thanks for the help like I said I have acquired this with no info and need all the help I need getting it flying.

6. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

May as well start your education here.