Heavy lift Hybrid Gas drone (with a new project of gas generator)

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by Nicolai Valenti, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Nicolai Valenti

Nicolai Valenti New Member

Let's start with the generator on the prototype
    [​IMG]
    This is the prototype, the generator is only for demonstration purpose because the generator at the moment is made from a nitro engine with all the connected problems (vibration and fuel consumption). A good thing is that I can add 4 kg of payload and still fly with this configuration, but without the main part of the generator (the gas engine) this is only an oversized piece of carbon fiber and wood so I made a project with a Turnigy 26 cc gas engine (3 hp) and a sensored brushless for the starting and converting the kinetic energy to a three-phase current that will be rectified with a diode bridge. Here is the project
    [​IMG]
    this weekend I will make some flight tests with the prototype and some videos.

The final new is that I'm going on Kickstarter. Why I'm doing this? simple, I have to pay for the flight school and I really don't know how to get the money for the generator (I also need a px4 system with gps and telemetry). I'm working on a heavy lift cargo drone, that means I need a total thrust that is more than 8 kg (my current total thrust). I will take four SUNNYSKY XS4112S 340KV outrunner brushless motors. All this stuff will cost about 500 dollars so I think I will put this request on the Kickstarter page. If you want to stay informed please sign up the mail list http://eepurl.com/cUJnJr ;

Here is the site (under developing) www.sandwichdrones.it

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017