Gimbal Question AEE AP10 Pro

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Flyin' High Again, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Flyin' High Again

Flyin' High Again New Member

Hello all, first post here I'm glad I found this site.

Just bought my third quadcopter after deciding to kick it up a notch to something with more quality and longer flight time. I really like the AP10 Pro so far I'm impressed with the battery life, distance, stability, and image quality of pics and video. Unfortunately first time I had it up though, not being accustomed to the larger size / weight and speed / stopping power, I flew it right into the treetops on the very first two flights lol! First one just got stuck with zero damage just within reach on my 24' extension ladder.

Second crash was unfortunately hard enough to bend one prop pretty bad and somehow knock the camera gimbal out of whack. It still looks and operates fine though and even corrects the angle via GPS if the copter is tilted up and down. It does still react to the raise and lower toggle too, but the problem is it will only raise to about 45 degrees now when I toggle it up. The downward control also works, even appears to try and adjust too far to beyond straight down. It goes til it hits the housing now and still wants to continue past vert. Then again if I try to bring it up to horizontal / (level) or above like it used to go, it stops around the 45 degree area.

Even more strange is with the copter powered down I can gently rotate it up to where it's supposed to go no problem. It will even stay there but only until I power up the copter again. As soon as I turn it on the gimbal motor (servo?) rotates the camera lens straight down and stops there. It doesn't freefall, the gimbal auto adjusts to there, even if holding the copter inverted.

Everything does operate smoothly still and the camera still functions normally taking stills and video. Even is fine with sending the signal to my cell phone as it should. The travel has just been reduced somehow.

Can anyone please help me figure out what has happened and how to fix it if possible? I'd rather have it stuck in the upper range of movement than looking down all the time geez. Hoping this is something someone has seen before and turns out to be something simple?

Thank you all for your time I can't wait to start enjoying this baby and sharing experiences and media.

I do have some pics and short video clips demonstrating how it looks and what it's doing.

2. Flyin' High Again

Flyin' High Again New Member

Oh well thanks anyway. I fixed it last night after a tip from someone in the facebook group.