Hints and Tips Discussion GETTING STARTED - W/DJI F550

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Gadg3t, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Gadg3t

Gadg3t New Member

Good Morning Ya'll

You might wonder why does this newb begin with a drone like this?

My answer is simple-it was gifted, and with my limited drone knowledge, I embarked on a mission to get this project moving forward-needles to say it has not been easy.

Upon receiving this drone, I realized it was equipped with some goodies, an FPV controller, and an iOS tablet controller as well, to break things down in simplest form, I removed the two items and kept only what is needed to fly. Yet, I'm still having the darnedest of time getting the thing up the air. Aside from removing some basic non-essential components, I've re-seated some of the other controllers, purchased a new battery (Which is another culprit to my dismay) and a Futaba t8j, and replaced all propeller wings to carbon fiber purely for aesthetics.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what the hell else do I need to get this shit going!!!!! Below I've provided some pictures of where I currently stand, I'm hope to receive proper guidance on perhaps the correct battery required, programming of the remote, and anything else conducive to flying.

Thanks guys, f5501.jpg t8j.jpg battery.jpg charger.jpg

2. Gadg3t

Gadg3t New Member

Side note: please excuse my poor quality pictures, and rotation, I'll be sure to fix that as soon as possible.