Forum Nube here

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Drenski, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Drenski

Drenski New Member

First of all, thanks to everyone who will be answering my post. All the forums I've ever belonged to have been great help.

I'm not new to the drone scene however, I've come across a new Walkera Scout for super cheap that a guy won at a company party and he's a bit intimidated by it. He's asking $350 and it's brand new. It comes with the Walkera camera and gimbal. Should I get it? I've been flying drones for around three years now and my current drone is the Bebop which I think is great but I wish I had more range. I've also owned a Walkera QR350 about two years ago and it was fun but also a bit of a pain to set up.

Thanks for any info.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I'd probably say yes.....if you are on a budget and want something to do more than the BeBop.

I'm basing this on that model having a decent reputation - read the Amazon reviews and make a decision....

3. Drenski

Drenski New Member

I've done some research and it appears that people are having problems with their Scout crashing due to bad motors and something about the main control board being a problem. It's been my experience that most of the problems I've had with my previous drones were caused by me. My Bebop dang near flew away because I hadn't updated the controller and drone with the latest software versions.

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

5. Drenski

Drenski New Member

That IS a good idea. I didn't really think about how close we're getting to Christmas. I'll wait and see what comes up. Thanks!

Also, I just told the guy that I decided against buying the Walkera. Too many complaints.