Ehang Ghost Drone 2.0 VR Mods? PLZ HLP!!!

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by ecj1992, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ecj1992

ecj1992 New Member

Hello,

So I recently received a Ghost 2.0 VR edition for my birthday and I am just starting to get into FPV and bigger drones. i was always pretty good with the small RTF drones and wanted to look more into purchasing a good transmitter and a BNF drone.

Anyways, like i said i got it as a gift and feel sorry asking where it was purchased so i can return it and get something better so i just want to make it be less gimmicky and an actual FPV drone. Basically i want to bind it to a transmitter, which i have not purchased one yet, and i was wondering if i can use the stock receiver or if i will need to get a 3rd party receiver and install it.

what are my best options to make this drone actually work instead of being app based and sucking so badly??

Please Help!!

Thank you!!

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I think your best bet is to bite the bullet and return it.
    The Ghost is neither fish nor fowl...and it is my guess that the company will not succeed in the US Market (for various reasons).

In general, if you want FPV then it is best to get something tailored for that purpose. If you want a camera based drone, then get something for that. Some models - like the DJI Mavic Pro - are compact and have a "sport" mode which allows them to go quite fast and be aggressive when you want to fly that way. Still, that is a camera drone at heart.

But I think mods and fiddling with the Ghost won't give you what you want.

Craig