New Product Announcement Eachine Racer 250

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by anton23, Sep 2, 2015.

1. anton23

anton23 New Member

Hello. I just came across this 250 racer and I´m considering making a purchase. This will be my first racer, so I would like to know what to look for? What are desirable features of a racer other than light, durable, etc. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

It looks decent at first glance. But usually it's best to wait until a number of experienced pilots buy any new model...and get their reviews.

This company makes some very well regarded stuff:
    http://www.armattanquads.com/cf-226/

It's more expensive - but, again, the eachine is still unproven.

3. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

http://www.Banggood.com/Eachine-Racer-250-FPV-Drone-Built-in-5_8G-Transmitter-OSD-With-HD-Camera-BNF-Version-p-995366.html?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=reddit_ads&utm_campaign=0902youtube250&utm_content=Sunil&utm_design=Sunny

Seems decent, and is priced right. Should be better than Walkera's dog, the runner 250. Certainly looks stronger.

4. Akcobra

Akcobra Member

I have both the Eachine Racer 250 and the Walkera Runner (currently for sale lol). The Eachine can fly circles around the Runner. The only problem is the RTF version isn't out yet, and you have to dig around for spare parts at the moment, but Banggood has promised both a RTF version and spare parts will be available in the near future.

I'm quite pleased with this little quad. It's not the fastest quad I've flown, but it's certainly fast enough for beginner through intermediate pilots .and for the money I think it's a great entry level racer. I'll try and get a full review out on it shortly. Note by "beginner" and "entry level" I mean having some experience with a micro and ready to progress to a hobby grade quad. This should NOT be your very first quad.

5. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the Review @Akcobra
    I just tried out one of the HiSKY HM280 models and it's pretty cool - but, wow, I am so spoiled now by both toy and GPS quads! The HiSky has so much momentum that the video my wife took of me flying it looks like a comedy show (no crashes though).
    It's very active....also not suggested for a first quad and not suggest for those who don't want to actively pilot - that is, if taking photos and videos is your end game, you don't have to learn how to fly these crazy fast machines.

Oh - here are links to the machines

Eachine Racer
    HiSky HM280

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. Akcobra

Akcobra Member

Yeah, no doubt this is a different type of quad for a different type of flyer. You have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and do some repair work too. These quads are pretty tough but far from indestructible, and you will crash and break something sooner or later.