Eachine H8C Mini To Mod? or Not To Mod?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Sid_Yung, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Sid_Yung

Sid_Yung New Member

Hello all,

This is my first post, and I thank anyone for their help and knowledge in advance =).

So I purchased a Eachine/Jjrc H8C Mini from Banggood, it is my first quadcopter, and I was able to fly it for about 8 minutes total, it took flight inside a room, enough space for me to have it go all over and do 1 flip, but at the end of the flight it just went awol on me, and that was it. After taking it apart I found out that the top chassis had warped on the socket which the motor goes into, the 6-mm motor generated enough heat to warp the plastic, due to this, the motor sits off centered, and the moto gear is not able to correctly connect to the prop gear. So that's my sad story, lets look at the options which I would like on shining light on,
    I have seen many people (on youtube, and forums) that have taken the main board, and have transferred over to a different chassis, say one of carbon fiber or such material, now if I buy the top and bottom, replacements parts I will have to spend about $10 from Banggood, and I fear I may have a history lesson (history repeats it self) with another set of original parts replacement, as this seem like a factory default, and my other concern is that most of the small chassis I have seen on banggoog are meant to fit 8.5mm motors, and i'd like to use the stock motors if possible, although I understand I will probably have to change them out, as they are not direct drive motors. Could you guys give me some idea of what would be the best, also the not blowing my pockets away, as a first drone, I just want something inexpensive as a stepping stone, once I have some skill, I will consider the mid-to-high end quads..

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

I would bin it and move on.

3. Sid_Yung

Sid_Yung New Member

Thanks for reply, already did, I ordered another small quad that was recommended to someone else on the forum, a BAYANGTOYS X9 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis, and am hoping it won't go the same way, at least it's direct drive so no chance for gears to become a problem again. Looking forward to learning the ropes of quads! :)

RGJameson likes this.
  4. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

I've bought 2. :)