Dualsky Hornet - Will not turn left or right!

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by GeorgeL, May 29, 2013.

1. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

I set up my dualsky but cannot get it to turn left or right, any ideas what I may have done wrong?

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

My first guess is that channel is plugged into the receiver or flight control wrongly?

That would be the AIL channel.

Most transmitters have a display mode where you can move the sticks and the TX will display the results on a graph - so you can make certain that the TX works and is set right. If that is the case, then it is most likely in the setup of the Receiver module to the Flight Control on the Hornet...

On a 9X transmitter, this is called the "display" menu item.

At least that is where I would start....

I often make the mistake of not going through this stuff systematically. You want to first eliminate the TX (does it work in the test mode, does it work with other models?) and then go back to the wiring and the plugs on the Hornet. Hopefully you looked at my notated manual PDF since much of the color coding, etc. is wrong in the manual.

3. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

I have a spectrum dx8

4. webman

It should have a similar function - here is a pic of the place on a 9X - the menu item is display and the other pic shows those bars moving when I move the sticks.

OK, I looked at the DX manual and your function would be called "Monitor" instead of "Display".
    displaytest.jpg displaymenu.jpg

5. webman

Not that "turn left or right" could mean Rudder (spin on it's axis?) or AIL, which would make it lean right or left. I'm not sure which one isn't working for you, but definitely check the corresponding connections on you received module inside the Quad.

6. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

Its rudder, will check tomorrow thanks, will post results

7. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

Checked, I have action on the radio, so i guess i am removing the top platform, should have mounted with option 31

8. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

BTW redid the wiring completely some weeks now and have been flying since. Working on building a Gaui 500X hoping to do FPV and GPS

webman likes this.
  9. webman

Good to hear.
    I know there were a number of errors and omissions from the original manual. It took me a long time to get mine going - but if I ever do another it will very quick since I now know what to do.

10. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

Have you tried the gaui?

11. webman

No - I looked at them, but it seemed as if their hardware and flight controllers are all proprietary...the guy I took over the blog from had checked them out over a year ago. It seems as if they are not really keeping up with the consumer end of the market....to me, anyway.

But what do I know? (not much!). Stuff I am considering for larger copters is the phantom, new blade coming out, the arudflyer, etc.

12. GeorgeL

GeorgeL New Member

I got it clean build, but the manual is some language that I am not sure of, I got basic flight but I am yet with my dictionary to fully understand the trim settings to get smooth flight